Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gained weight :-( But keep on trucking(or dieting in this case)!!!

   So yesterday we went to the Miami Zoo so I did not cook(hence why I didn't blog either).  We were bad, we had Dippin Dots as snacks and for lunch we had the special salad with fat free Italian dressing.  But the worst thing we did was share a strips meal between the 3 of us (so we each got a chicken strip and some fries). We also did not drink enough throughout the day either.   We are paying for our mistakes today (me the most)!  I gained 2.6lbs just because of yesterday!!!!!!

  Today I am trying to stay on the diets straight path.  So for breakfast we had oat bran porridge I combined ideas from different sites but these a pretty good one to go off of also:  http://www.mydukandiary.com/dukan_recipe/oatbran-porridge.html.

http://mydukandiet.com/recipes/vanilla-oat-bran-porridge.html


I Cook my porridge on the stove top rather than in the microwave though(to me stove top tastes so much fresher and better).  And I do different flavors, like maple and brown sugar (ihop sugar free syrup and splenda brown sugar) , vanilla, and cinnamon and brown sugar.

Lunch was just tacos again.

But for dinner I made a ground beef frittata. I just used beef instead of the turkey burger in the recipe below.

Turkey Frittata (or any meat you choose)
Ingredients (Serves two)
1 diced medium onion
4 finely diced cloves garlic
4 ounces of  minced/ground  turkey
3 tablespoons of chicken stock
6 eggs or mixture of eggs and egg whites
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method
  1. In a 9 to 10 inch pan dry fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat in a little chicken stock if needed.
  2. After about three minutes add the turkey and cook for a further three or four minutes stirring frequently to prevent clumps from forming.
  3. Add the remaining stock and cook for a further five minutes, reducing the heat halfway through to low.
  4. In a bowl beat the eggs and seasoning and pour over the meat mixture
  5. Continue cooking for a further three minutes but do not stir!
  6. Finally place the pan under a preheated grill/broiler and cook until the eggs are firm and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment