Today is a Pure Protein Day. No veggies allowed at all today(unless its onion---which is like a seasoning) Once you are on the Cruise Phase every other day is a Pure Protein Day (PP) and the other day is a Protein and Veggie Day (PV) . On PV days there are 28 veggies you can choose from. (See list below) You can have veggies in moderation but you have to make sure you have Protein with it!! You have to also drink 2liters of water a day still also.
The 28 Permitted Vegetables are:
- Artichokes (Globe not Jerusalem)
- Aubergine (aka Egg Plant)
- Cabbage (Broccoli and Cabbage are both a member of the Cole family and this allows you to eat a very wide variety of vegetables such as cauliflower, purple sprouting broccoli, red cabbage, white cabbage, collard greens, kale and brussel sprouts. The picture for this post is of a Romanesco Cauliflower)
- Celery and Celeriac
- Courgettes (aka Zucchini)
- French Beans/String Beans/Runner Beans/Mangetout
- Mushrooms ( all varieties including White Button, Shiitake, Oyster and Portabella)
- Onions (Red, White, Salad or Spring)
- Palm Hearts
- Pumpkins, Squashes and Marrows
- Salad Leaves (Of any sort including all types of Lettuce, Rocket and Watercress)
- Soya Beans
- Swiss Chard
For todays PP breakfast I made a Turkey Sausage and Turkey Bacon Wrap.
- Turkey sausage patties(small ones)
- Turkey bacon strips
- Egg whites
- 1 tbl spoon skim milk
- Veggie Cheese (I used Cheddar)
High Fiber Wrap
I have been looking online for steak recipes because that is what I pulled out for dinner tonight. But instead of something fancy I think I am going to just make plain old steak and eggs for dinner. I was interested in a healthy country fried(baked) steak or a steak frittata but that would not be possible for me to do today due to my sever back pain.
I found a great site for recipes: http://www.examiner.com/topic/dukan-diet
I will definitely have to do the Zuppa Toscana another time and more Dukanized (but doesn't it just sound yummy)!!!