Breakfast usually consists of 3 egg whites, lean meat, and a dannon light and fit greek yogurt or otherwise I make a egg white omelet with 3 whites, lean meat, and Kraft fat free cheddar cheese.
boiled egg whites
scrambled egg whites
For lunch I make a savory Dukan pancake (See below) and put heated lean meat and reduced fat Sargento cheese on it. Today I even had a glass of diet orange soda.
Oat Bran Pancake
- 2 tbs oat bran
- 2 tbs vanilla greek yogurt (I use Dannon light and fit Greek)
-2 Egg whites
- Garlic and Herb seasoning (or ones you like)
Whip the egg whites in a bowl. Then add the oat bran and yogurt (use more yogurt if you want it to spread easier) and seasoning. Use Pam cooking spray (or similar for no calories) and cook till the top get dry looking. Once dry looking flip it over and cook for a min or two on the other side.
Dinner tonight is going to be a turkey sausage frittata.
Ingredients (Serves two)
1 diced medium onion
4 finely diced cloves garlic
16 ounces of minced/ground turkey (I use Jenni-o breakfast sausage)
3 tablespoons of chicken stock
6 eggs or mixture of eggs and egg whites
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a 9 to 10 inch pan dry fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat in a little chicken stock if needed.
- After about three minutes add the turkey and cook for a further three or four minutes stirring frequently to prevent clumps from forming.
- Add the remaining stock and cook for a further five minutes, reducing the heat halfway through to low.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and seasoning and pour over the meat mixture
- Continue cooking for a further three minutes but do not stir!
- Finally place the pan under a preheated grill/broiler and cook until the eggs are firm and serve immediately.
I did mine a little different....... I cooked the meat with the onion and garlic in a skillet till the meat was browned then I added the stock and let it come to a boil. I mixed the egg whites with a little milk and put it in a casserole dish then I carefully put in the meat and stock from the skillet. I ended up having to cook it so it would cook through after broiling it a little.